The leak detection system
Did you know that 40% of claims are caused by water damage? We propose a solution: leak detection systems.
Hello and welcome to our Plumbing Tips and Advice capsule, our topic today: the leak detection system.
We are very pleased to welcome : François Lapointe, product specialist at Sinopé Technologies.
- Hello François and welcome to Pure Plomberie.
- Thank you for inviting me, I am very happy to be able to participate in your initiative that I find very original!
- François, as you know, we have been working together for more than 2 years but for those who don’t know your company, tell us a little about Sinopé Technologies.
- Sinopé Technologies is a Quebec company located in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu. One of our particularities is that we are vertically integrated: we own the production, the assembly and the program. Everything is done by Sinopé. We are the largest manufacturer of home automation products in Canada. The company grows year after year.
- Explain to us François, what need does your product meet?
- Nearly 40% of claims made to insurers are caused by water damage. This has been noted in the market, whether in the residential, commercial or industrial sector.
- Since we are here to discuss plumbing and more specifically leak detection systems, tell us about the Sinopé product line.
- The Sedna leak detection system by Sinopé, is composed of an activator with ball valve and detectors like this one. The system is available for 3/4 inch and 1 inch diameter inlets. The system is suitable for homes, condos and cottages, in short any type of dwelling can be protected by the system.
- Tell us about the process and how your product works.
- The first thing to know about the leakage protection system is that to be effective, all water points must be covered. Whether you live in a condo or a single-family home, they ALL need to be covered. What determines a water point? Of course, the (plumbing) professional will be able to help the customer identify them, but it comes down to anything with a faucet (or supply valve).
To avoid unpleasant surprises, make sure you have your system installed by a certified plumber, such as Pure Plomberie, and insurers require it.
- Exact ! What you bring Charles is essential. Whether in a commercial or residential setting, it is always preferable to call on a professional. Moreover, for a syndicate of co-ownership, it is MANDATORY to do business with a professional.
- One of the reasons why we decided to work with Sinopé is for the reliability of the product and the simplicity of installation.
- Indeed, we must not forget that the product was developed from A to Z with the needs of Quebec in mind. We have season changes, we have people who will be away, especially to go to Florida. The product and application have been developed to ensure ease of use and to make it simple for everyone.
That’s also why we designed it this way: to make it effective and so that everyone can use it.
- Tell us a little about the products and how it works.
- Up to 20 sensors can be synchronized on a Sedna valve and all 20 can be named in the Neviweb application. The Neviweb application is a way to be able to control your valve remotely, see the status of the batteries (and in case of damage) receive text messages and receive email alerts. The application works on iPhone and Android.
Whether it’s for condominiums or single-family homes, it allows you to ensure that you have effective protection 24 hours a day. And then when you think about the people who went to Florida… If we forgot to turn off the water, we can now do it remotely when we are on the tarmac of the airport in Orlando if we want! Simply by pressing a button of the function in the Neviweb application.
- Francois, thank you for your participation and your energy. It is a pleasure for us to collaborate with Sinopé. Thanks Buddy!
- The pleasure is mine, I would like to thank you for inviting me to the facility. It’s really nice to work with professional and passionate people like you.
Thank you for watching our episode. If you are interested in the leak detection system, visit our website pureplomberie.com.