Replacing of your water heater
The water heater is an essential component for the proper functioning of any building. As you may have guessed, it is the one that allows us to shower and wash the dishes, among other things. In a house, the circulation and maintenance of hot water is ensured by a device, the water heater.
Inside is an energy source (electricity, gas, oil, heat pump, thermodynamic or solar energy) that heats water on demand, which is the most common type of water heater in our homes.
As you can imagine, the water heater has a more or less defined lifespan. How do I know if it needs to be changed? Here are some signs to watch for:
- Check the date of manufacturing, located on a small descriptive plate on the tank itself (near the serial number usually).
- Could be a defective or faulty element.
- Can you feel or see moisture at the base of your water heater?
- Your unit will soon need to be replaced.
- The same principle applies if the water heater has rust.
- Finally, if your water heater is leaking, don’t wait any longer, have it changed immediately before a flood occurs.
Want to learn more about Hot water heaters ? Watch our video!
Need to replace your water heater?
Call on the certified plumbers at Pure Plomberie.
Contact us now!
Buy or lease your equipment?
Some companies offer water heater rentals installed by deliver staffers.. First, ask yourself if you will be staying in your home (or condo, for that matter) for more than 3 years after purchasing the unit.
If the answer is yes, it is more financially advantageous to buy than to rent.
Here’s the math:
- Average monthly payment: $25 plus taxes
- Number of monthly payments during the useful life of the device (8 years): 96
- Total value of monthly payments: $2400plus taxes
Replacement cost for a new unit (including installation) to be performed by a certified technician: $1600 – $1900 plus taxes depending on tank capacity.
Although the internal components and the tank are usually guaranteed for 8 years by the manufacturer, it is not unusual for some water heaters to last more than 10 years! The installation by a certified technician – not a handyman (jobber) is guaranteed for 1 year.
If you can afford it, buying is definitely a good financial decision for the consumer.
Why hire an expert to change the water heater?
Replacing a water heater is no small task. Not only is this type of device very awkward, but it is not easy to carry by yourself, especially since it should never be in a horizontal position! Here are some other reasons why you should hire an expert:
- Pure Plomberie’s technicians know how to handle this equipment. You can avoid the risk of injury by letting them do it for you!
- By entrusting the task to a professional, you will have all the peace of mind necessary to enjoy your hot water without complications.
- The plumber will have to perform safe manipulations to connect your electrical and plumbing systems to the water heater, which can be a threat to less knowledgeable people.
Pure Plomberie strictly installs AO Smithand Giant Expert Plus8 water heathers, two brands of products that are manufacturered in Canada and that offer higher quality grade than what you will find in box stores.
Don’t hesitate to call upon the Pure plomberie team to replace your water heater. You’ll get quality work in a timely manner followed by excellent customer service.